WTA, Inc.

WTA, Inc History

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTA, Inc History

Post by Concrete on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:26 pm

WTA, Inc. is the oldest active clan in WEBL, maybe the first clan ever, not sure because I wasn't around back then. But to give you an idea of the history, I'm going to post an email conversation I had with Iron Paws back when I first go recruited to the clan in 2005. Back when I got recruited the active clan was Iron Paws, Morongo, Psygone Promotions, Hooks, Shane, Brandon's Bombin, Brooklyn House of Pain, and Ambivalence. CPW was in there briefly as well. The ones I talked to the most were IP, Mo, and Brandon and most if not all of the clan either retired within 1-3 years.

Concrete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WTA, Inc History

Post by Concrete on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Email from Iron Paws:
-------------- Original message --------------

> Hey Iron Paws,
>
> Concrete here. Just curious, what is the history of the WTA? Brandon's said
> that you have been around the longest and should ask you.

In actuality, Brooklyn Bad Boy and 3CK have been around the longest...they were part of the core group that made WTA famous in weeks 40-70. To give you an idea, WTA was created by a manager who went by the name of Mantanza, he was an aboslute stud. I'm pretty good friends with Prod and he says Mantanza would have been up there with Peek and Prod if he'd stayed around. Well, that's ancient history and no one really remembers him any more. His first recruit was Texas Cowboys out of the gulf, you've heard of Tex...he's just finishing law school right now (We email back and forth) and really doesn't have a lot of time with interviewing and starting a new job for the game. Well, Mantanza left and Tex took over, he recruited BBB, 3CK, and Red Dog. They formed WTA as a Gulf States group. BHoP and I had started NBO - New Beer Order and grew it to a pretty substantioal clan with over 40 gyms at one point. But, as that collapsed, Tex and I were speaking and he asked if i wanted to be the first non-Gulf member...I hardily agreed and drove the final nail into the coffin of NBO - though Thug still proudly wears the tag. After that, Morongo joined to give us a presence on the west coast (I was in the NE at the time). During this time, Tex was teaching me how to play, the way to scout ect. I became better. After Morongo came BHoP and then a coupl of outstanding gyms that fell off. Ambivialence is still around but takes breaks now and then.

Of all the WTA members, BHoP is the only one without a WT and that's because he doesn't care enough to scout (Like me now). WTA has a rich history, we are by far the oldest clan in WeBL and have had the greatest success over long periods of time.

WTA made it's first appearance in Week 20.

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer.

Mark

Concrete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodiak1972 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Nice little piece of history there!
Kodiak1972
Admin

View user profile http://wtainc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Matanza and WTA

Post by 3CK on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:14 am

Matanza was a good friend of mine and he did come up with the moniker. The things that weren't accurate about the rest of the story was the week 20 starting point (it was much later like in the 80s to 100s) and the "how". I took Matanza's invite and started the clan in my region, the membership invites were not discussed with him. He originally had some objections about the direction, but it was like...dude, you're not even in the clan, doesn't matter, end of story. Tex wasn't discussed with him. He had absolutely nothing to do with the formation and progression of the group. He didn't want to be an overt member. He told me that in the WeBL chat.

Tex put us on the map by beating a lot of the greats on a consistent basis. We won the Olympics outright with about 5 or 6 WTA gyms repping the region. We started to expand in and outside the region. Brooklyn, RD and I won WTs. My Army career and 1st marriage got life really hectic for me and I dropped out of the mix and I lost touch with everyone. I think I gave my gym away to someone...I don't remember who but he was known as the Dark City Dojo and he wasn't that good.

That's my version of events...Matanza started the idea, I started the crew, Tex became the leader and we expanded across WeBL...I can't believe CPW was in the clan...lol...we used to flame him mercilessly...I think he still hates me from back then...he hasn't acknowledged me in the forums at all lol. I was pretty proud to see Kodiak and Concrete at the top of the game with that WTA Inc. Tag. I'm even more proud to rejoin the clan at almost 40...it's pretty awesome to be a part of that history.
3CK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Concrete on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:11 am

Do you have any of those old Texas Cowboy fight plans? I been curious to see how he structured them. Brilliant gym even if he retired before he had a real chance to be considered an all time great.

Concrete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3CK on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:54 pm

We didn't share like that. I am too proud of a manager and we were good rivals as well as good friends lol...I did run some fighters that he made for me and gave me his opinion on the way he did score cons and we strategized together...but never gave each other fps. Matanza offered his fps but i didn't want them.

3CK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by olmans on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:12 pm

I have been told but have forgotten what do the letters WTA inc stand for?

olmans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodiak1972 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Whoop That Ass, Incorporated
Kodiak1972
Admin

View user profile http://wtainc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by olmans on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:02 am